Saturday, July 31, 2010

Perfect Charlottesville Morning

Hey all!!

It is hard for me to sit still on the weekends this summer (probably a consequence of sitting in an office for nine hours a day during the week) so yesterday, I packed up and drove down to Charlottesville! 

Karen woke me up at 7:45 this morning to go on the run we had planned to do. Despite my attraction to the bed and more sleep, I got up and threw on my sneakers, shorts, and a t-shirt. It has been so hot and humid this past week so when we walked outside to a perfect temperature of seventy-five and little humidity, I knew this was going to be a great run. We ran on one of my favorite paths that Mary had shown me this past year. It goes through a beautiful neighborhood with a little lake and eventually you wind up a hill with pastures and can look out over the mountains that surround Charlottesville. It definitely made me appreciate where I go to school. Although this was surely not one of Karen or I's faster runs, it felt great to wake up and be active! 

After a quick shower and a change of clothes we headed to the downtown Charlottesville Farmer's Market! They have it every Saturday until about October and I have decided to make it a regular in my weekend routine- it is so fun!!



Karen and Liz wanted to get some curry so we headed straight to the Disha's Kitchen stand and sampled some of her delicious sauces!


These were my favorites...


Then I headed over to get some cold green tea and it was just the refreshment that I needed!


I couldn't resist snapping some photos of the veggies! One of my favorite health blogs, Oh She Glows, proves that veggies make beautiful models!



Damn veggies you look good!

Well that's all I for now. We are going to go try out the Afghan restaurant in town tonight- can't wait! Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

-Shelby

No comments:

Post a Comment