Monday, August 2, 2010

Food iPhotography

So remember that 9 miler I was supposed to do yesterday. Didn't happen.


Man I was soooo bummed.

The second my right foot hit pavement my calf was throbbing. I told myself to just try and run it off, maybe I was just stiff from my longer run the day before. But no, the pain only got worse. I made it about a mile and finally made myself turn around and drag my discouraged butt home. I knew that I would be able to do the run but it may leave me injured. I have a month of training left and enough time to fit in about three more long runs, so missing out on this one was not a huge deal.

My mom sensed my disappointment and she knew just the cure. So we ventured out for a Target/Jimbo's run that got me in a great mood. I decided to try out some delish lookin' recipes from Eat Live Run. My momma and I threw together some fish tacos with guacamole and homemade mango salsa:


and I made a gluten-free blueberry crisp with gluten-free flour and oats! So so goood!!


I met with Rob again today to do some measurements so he could determine what exercises would be best for me. He also filmed me running in all of my different running shoes (yes I own more than one pair) and with or without my custom orthotics I'll be seeing him again tomorrow to learn the exercises and also to go over my running footage! I'm really excited for this because he'll be filming me do the exercises so I will now exactly what the proper form I need to be in, and it will be pretty impossible for me to forgot how to do the exercises!

I found out from him today that my hips are wayyyy out of line. I'm thinking it has something to do with sitting at a desk 8 hours a day working on a computer that's on the right of the desk, which is the way my hips are aligned to. So I'm going to try and remedy that situation tomorrow and move some things around in my workspace. But because of this I'll be taking a break from yoga for a little while. It's worse for my body to be doing certain poses when I'm not in proper alignment, so I'm going to work on that and focus on running for a while and go back to yoga when the time is right. I'm bummed, especially because I'm pretty much in love with my yoga studio here in San Diego but it's more important for me right now to become a stronger runner.

For now, I'm seriously looking forward to Ryan coming in on Wednesday, seeing Jenny and Danny on Friday, venturing to Disneyland, and havin' one of my fav running buddies in town especially since I will be making up that 9 miler this week.

My favorite members of the Virginia Swim team (Danny and Jenny!):


That's all for today! I also wanted to apologize for the crappy iPhone photos I've been trying to pass off as legitimate food photography. My baby, aka my Canon Digital Rebel, is off for repairs after some major Peruvian over usage. Not to worry only a couple more weeks of dealing with my Food iPhotography and then we'll be good to go!

-Alexis

No comments:

Post a Comment